Start your health with a good foundation. Custom orthotics are medical devices that are manufactured just for you. They address your unique biomechanical needs and gait imbalances.
Do you experience pain with walking, running or standing? Does pain and discomfort keep you from doing the things you love?
How does it Work?
Many athletes sustain an injury and once out of pain they return to their activity and start a cycle of subsequent injuries. At the Adelaide Clinic we strive in avoid or interrupt this cycle through personalized, sport specific rehab. We have a large rehab room and will work with your trainers and coaches for optimal results.
Like a good foundation of a house, your feet support the weight of everything above them. When a small problem develops in your feet, subtle changes can occur in the entire framework of your body. These changes cause a chain reaction throughout your posture while you stand, walk and run, placing excess stress and strain on the joints, muscles and tendons in the feet, knees, hips or even the lower back.
How do they help?
Custom orthotics help your body restore a natural balance and normal movement patterns, thereby reducing strain, pain and discomfort.
For optional results, a custom orthotic should be worn on a daily basis inside quality, supportive footwear. Over time, custom orthotics prescribed by Dr. Jacquelyn Nicholls will bring you relief from excessive pressure points, fatigue and pain.
How do I know if I need a
The symptoms of poor foot biomechanics may include one or more of the following:
Localized foot pain
Low back Pain
Plantar Fasciitis pain
Orthotics can make your life easier and more enjoyable, safely and effectively without the use of drugs or surgery!
- The human foot has 26 bones, 33 joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles and tendons. The 52 bones in your feet make up about 25% of all the bones in your body
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps each day
- The average person will walk over 100,000 miles in their lifetime, or more than four trips around the world
- Women have 4 x as many foot problems as men, main due to poor fitting footwear including highheels
- More than 75% of the population will experience foot problems in their lifetime
Get Your Custom OrthoticsBook Online