Pelvic health Physiotherapy
Treatment is customized to each patient and often integrates pelvic floor muscle re-training, helpful advice on bowel and bladder habits, nutrition and hands-on techniques from the therapist.
What is Pelvic Health Physiotherapy?
Pelvic health physiotherapy helps manage any pelvic pain, incontinence or prolapse. Optimal pelvic health is an important aspect following pregnancy and childbirth and it is not normal to leak urine or suffer from related pain. Pelvic health physiotherapy can get you back to feeling like yourself again.
Pelvic Health Physiotherapy can help with:
- Perinatal complications, including tears during delivery
- Urinary incontinence
- Fecal incontinence
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- "Peezing" - Leaking urine when you sneeze - it can be treated!
- Painful intercourse (dyspareunia)
Are you a candidate for pelvic health physiotherapy?Book an assessment
- Leak urine when they cough, laugh, sneeze or exercise
- Leak urine due to inability to hold during strong urges
- Urinate more than 8 times a day
- Have difficulty initiating urination
- Feel that they have not fully emptied their bladder after urination
- Have feeling of pressure or heaviness in their pelvic region
- Strain to have a bowel movement
- Experience pain during or after bowel movement
- Have pain with sexual intercourse or difficulty with penetration
- Have pelvic pain (vaginal, rectal or perineal)
- Have pelvic girdle, buttock, low back or coccyx pain
- Had an Episotomy, Forceps delivery or C section
- Pregnant women who would like to prevent tearing during labor
Have been diagnosed with:
- Stress or Urge Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Over Active Bladder
- Pregnancy related pain (pre and post-partum)
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Puedendal Neuralgia or Entrapments
Pelvic pain is
common but not normal.
Let us help.