Do you suffer from headaches, migraines, or concussive symptoms? We can help!
Most Canadians will suffer from at least one headache in their lifetime; however, the reason for the headache can differ from one individual to another. In fact, headache triggers can vary from environment, food, stress, dehydration and others. Still, headaches or pain to the head can be caused or referred from muscles, joints, ligaments or nerves.
The different types of headaches are:
- MIGRAINES – the cause of migraines is still unknown, but there seems to be a relationship between individual genetics and the environment. Migraines are commonly associated with triggers. These can include hormonal changes, food and additives, stress, sleep, physical and sensory factors, changes in the environment and certain medications.
- CERVICOGENIC – A headache that stems from the neck or cervical spine structures. Pain can be triggered or worsened by neck movement.
- TENSION-TYPE – occurs due to tension in the muscles of the neck or face which produces pain. Factors associated can include stress, anxiety, eyestrain, poor posture, injuries and others.
- CLUSTER – similar to migraines, the cause of cluster headaches is unknown. It has been suggested that cluster headaches may be caused by problems in regulating temperature, blood pressure, hormones or sleep. Other causes or triggers proposed include alcohol, tobacco and drugs (e.g. nitroglycerin)
A chiropractor is a spine, muscle, and nervous system expert specifically trained to diagnose the underlying cause of your frequent headaches. The plan of management will be INDIVIDUALIZED to the patient’s needs and examination findings. The treatment options may include:
- Patient education and reassurance
- Manipulation and mobilization
- Soft tissue therapy
- Modalities including electrical stimulation, acupuncture, ultrasound and others
- Rehabilitation and exercises
- Ergonomic and lifestyle changes
- Referral and co-management
#concussions #concussiontherapy #lindsayontario #chiropracticandconcussions